Trade Terms-CPT(CARRIAGE PAID TO)
CARRIAGE PAID TO（…named place of destination）---- Freight paid to(the specified destination) means that the seller pays the freight for the goods to the specified destination. When the goods are placed in the carrier's custody, the risk of loss of or damage to the goods, as well as the additional costs incurred as a result of events that occurred after the goods were handed over to the carrier, are transferred from the seller to the buyer.
(1) the principal obligations of the seller
1. Responsible for delivering goods conforming to the contract to the carrier within the date or period specified in the contract; And timely notification to the buyer to facilitate the buyer's timely insurance.
2. Responsible for processing the export of goods, obtaining an export licence or other authorization;
3. Responsible for the conclusion of the contract of carriage and payment of freight to the destination;
4. bear all costs and risks of the goods until they are delivered to the carrier;
5. Responsible for providing commercial invoices and the usual transport documents for the goods to the agreed destination. If the parties agree to use electronic communications, all documents may be replaced by electronic data interchange information with equal effect.
(2) the main obligations of the buyer
1. Responsible for the payment of the price as stipulated in the contract;
2. Responsible for the import of goods, obtaining import licences or other authorizations;
3. bear all costs and risks of the goods after delivery to the carrier;
4. Responsible for insurance procedures and payment of insurance premiums;
5. Receive the goods delivered by the seller in accordance with the terms of the contract and accept documents conforming to the contract.
Related Product tags: trade terms,cpt,carriage paid to